EfM MENTOR TRAINING
April 26-28, 2013
The Bishop Booth Conference Center
20 Rock Point Road, Burlington, VT.05408
Basic Mentor Training
Starts at 2:00 PM, Friday, April 26
Ends with lunch, Sunday, April 28
Trainer: Karen Byers
- To allow each trainee to discern his or her ministry as an EfM mentor
- To allow an EfM trainer to evaluate the skills of each trainee and to certify as mentors those who qualify.
Expectations: As a result of Basic Mentor Training, you may expect to:
- Understand the nature and purpose of the EfM program, the four source model of theological reflection, the methods used by the program to facilitate reflection and gather learnings, and the place and purpose of spiritual autobiographies.
- Be aware of resources and where to go if problems occur within the seminar group, and how to use worship as a part of an EfM group.
- Learn about current administrative procedures for the program, recruiting and beginning a group, and conducting an EfM seminar.
Prerequisites: Please be aware that:
- Mentor Training does not automatically qualify you to be a Mentor.
- Full attendance and participation at the event is expected.
- Group make-up will be1 trainer and six to eight participants per group.
- Registration Deadline Is March 29, 2013; cancellations after April 12, 2013 will result In no refund.
- Come prepared to work hard and to have fun!
- Complete the Registration Form. Make registration fee of $285 payable to Diocese of Vermont – EfM
- Send form and registration fee to Joel Hill, Diocesan Coordinator. Address is on the Registration form.
- Registration deadline is March 29, 2013 No refunds are available if you must cancel after April 12, 2013 and only partial refunds may be available before that depending on the date of your cancellation.
EfM Mentor Training
The Bishop Bishop Conference Center
April 26-28, 2013
Name:____________________________ Daytime Phone:_________________
Address:__________________________ Evening Phone:_________________
City:______________________________ State:______ Zip:_______________
E-mail:__________________________________ Cell phone:______________
My parish is ________________________ in the Diocese of _______________
I am registering for: Basic Training
____This is my first mentor training **If this is your first mentor training, who was
your previous mentor, or if you have not completed EfM, who recommended the training for you?________________________________________________
I have a Mentors Manual [ ] yes [ ] no
I have a Common Lessons (CLSM) book [ ] yes [ ] no
(You may request a new one)
In case of emergency please contact:
Address_____________________________ Phone(s) __________________
Room, board, trainer expenses and materials are included in the registration fee of
$285.00. Please mail your Registration form and check for $285 payable to
The Diocese of Vermont – EfM to:
Joel Hill – St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 16 Bradley Avenue, Brattleboro, VT 05301
Phone: 802-254-6048 Church; 802-733-8479 home.