Diocese Celebrates Earth Stewardship: Earth Stewards Requests Photos, Videos, Stories for Convention Exhibit
By Wendy Grace
Vermonters have always had a love affair with our beautiful Green Mountain State, and have always striven to take good care of it. The Episcopal Church in Vermont’s Earth Stewards are evidence of this, and we’d like to celebrate the Earth Stewards way of life!
We’d like to see pictures, videos, and stories of what you have been up to this past year in caring for and celebrating Earth.
Earth Stewards are evolving away from a committee structure to more of a network “hub.” That is, we recognize all Episcopalians as being Earth’s stewards, and as such, we all have something to share. We’d like to see pictures (or videos) and stories of what you—both individuals and congregations—have been up to this past year in caring for and celebrating our beloved Earth.
- Are you using renewable energy to light your home or work?
- Do you volunteer with an environmental conservancy organization like Voices for the Lake or The Nature Conservancy?
- Do you buy food from local farmers?
- Have you advocated or lobbied for climate change legislation?
- Did you participate in the “River of Life Pilgrimage”?
- Do you maintain your own produce garden or belong to a community garden or CSA?
- Were you part of Vermont’s annual “Clean Up, Green Up” Day? Or did you participate in any Earth Day events?
- Do you have pictures from an outdoor adventure (hiking, sailing, or just out enjoying)?
These are just a few examples of stories we’d love to have from you! If you have videos or pictures, please email them to Wendy Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and a brief caption. We are creating a video display for our Earth Stewards exhibit at Diocesan Convention in November. All items must be submitted by September 30 to be included in the display. However, content supplied after the deadline may be considered for use on the Diocesan website.
All items must be submitted by September 30 to be included in the exhibit.
If you plan to attend Convention this year, be sure to stop by the Earth Stewards display to learn about our new direction.