Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Report Misconduct (Title IV Intake)

Report Misconduct

If you have knowledge of what you believe to be misconduct by a member of the clergy (bishops, priests and deacons,) The Episcopal Church has a detailed and transparent process to act on your complaint. The process is defined in church canons (church law) under Title IV of the Canons of The Episcopal Church. You may start your complaint by contacting the intake officers listed below. You may contact by letter, email, phone or other means of communication. You may also have another person contact the intake officer on your behalf. Any cleric must also contact an intake officer if he or she witnesses or receives information about what is believed to be clergy misconduct.

Canon Lynn Bates
c/o Diocesan Office of The Episcopal Church in Vermont
5 Rock Point Road, Burlington, VT 05408
(802) 863-3431

A detailed website explaining the complaint process and what constitutes an offense is found at Additionally, it also explains various assistance and or pastoral response one may receive during the process. Additionally, the website also features a step-by-step analysis of the process.

Leave a Reply

You may use: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Copyright © 2019 – 2022 The Episcopal Church in Vermont.