By the Rt. Rev. Thomas C. Ely
1) The following congregations are in some phase of transition (mostly with respect to calling new clergy leadership): St. James, Arlington, currently served by the Rev. John Miller on an interim basis; St. Thomas & Grace, Brandon, Supply Clergy; St. Paul’s Burlington, the Rev. Laura Bryant, Interim Rector; St. Andrew’s, Colchester, the Rev. Robert Leopold, Interim; St. Luke’s, Fair Haven, Local Ministry Support Team in Formation, the Rev. Richard Brewer, Regular Supply; Christ Church, Island Pond: Supply Clergy; St. Peter’s, Lyndonville: Supply Clergy; Saint Stephen’s, Middlebury, Interim Ministry Team in place with the Rev. Carole Wageman as Team Leader; Saint Mark’s, Newport: The Rev. Jane Butterfield, Interim; Gethsemane, Proctorsville: Supply Clergy; Saint John’s, Randolph: The Rev. Angela Emerson, Interim; Saint Luke’s, St. Albans: Supply Clergy, with some regular support from the Rev. Craig Smith; Saint Andrew’s, St. Johnsbury: Supply Clergy; St. Mark’s, Springfield: The Rev. Martha Dyner and others as regular supply Clergy; Calvary, Underhill: Supply Clergy; St. Paul’s Windsor, Supply Clergy; St. Mary’s, Wilmington: The Rev. Nicholas Porter, Interim; Saint James, Woodstock: the Rev. Lisa Ransom, Interim
2) I received and accepted Letters Dimissory for the Reverend Duncan Hilton, serving at Saint Michael’s, Brattleboro and the Reverend Robert Leopold, serving at Saint Andrew’s, Colchester.
3) I attended the Annual Board meeting of Cristosal http://www.cristosal.org in El Salvador February 14-17. I also attended the Cristosal Global School, with several others from Vermont from February 18-23.
4) I was in Washington DC from February 27 to March 2, along with other Bishops from the Bishops United Against Gun Violence network as part of a planning meeting with other organizations working against gun violence and on gun safety measures. Part of the time was spent meeting with our members of Congress. I me with Senator Leahy, Congressman Welch and members of Senator Sanders staff.
5) I will attend the House of Bishops Meeting at Kanuga Center in Hendersonville, NC from March 11-16 and a meeting of the General Convention Task Force on Communion Across Difference in Chicago from March 19-21.
6) I presided at Ash Wednesday service at the Cathedral.
7) Visitations since our last Council meeting included Sunday visitations with St. Paul’s, White River Junction on February 10, Saint Mary’s in the Mountains, Wilmington on February 24, and Saint Thomas and Grace on March 3.
8) I’ve received a summons for Jury Duty starting April 4th. First time in my life! We’ll see how it plays out.
9) Ann and I are looking forward to a week of vacation March 22-29.