Job posting by the Province I School for Deacons.
Position Title: Dean of Province I School for Deacons
Reports to/Supervisor: Bishop Suffragan of ECCT, in collaboration with Bishops of Prov. One.
- The Dean of the Province I School of Deacon is responsible for the development, oversight, and implementation of the School for Deacons of the participating Episcopal diocese in New England. The job is a combination of teacher and program administrator. The Dean works collaboratively with Formation colleagues in the Province. The Dean tracks each student’s process in the school and oversees other administrative roles for each student. The Dean is primarily responsible for overseeing the eight academic online sessions and written assignments. The Dean designs quarterly retreat weekends collaboratively with the other diocesan coordinators. The Dean is also the primary staff contact for the school and will work in collaboration with Archdeacon in RI and Director of Formation in Western Massachusetts, and other colleagues as appropriate. The position is part-time (¼ time) with costs shared among the dioceses.
- Work under the direction of the Bishops who oversee the diaconal ordination process
- Maintain regular communication with all those in the diaconal ordination process
- Recruit teachers for online sessions
- Plan and lead quarterly formation retreats, serving as host (providing snacks, schedules, name tags, etc)
- Host and attend online formation sessions (8 per year)
- Provide feedback in collaboration with the instructors and the diocesan coordinators for all students on any written assignments
- Maintain online files for the school
- Oversees of the finances of the school
- Critiquing papers and other assignments
- Monthly supervision with Bishop who has oversight of the School
Must be an ordained clergy with a Master’s Degree. A doctoral degree in a ministry related field is preferable. Must be professional and able to maintain confidences. Must be computer knowledgeable and able to use a variety of programs across platforms. Knowledge of Zoom, MS Office, Google Apps, and Dropbox are required. Ability to edit and post web pages (in a WYSIWYG editor) is a plus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
The position is quarter time, defined as 8-12 hour work week. Hours of work can be negotiated with supervisor.
Attendance at quarterly formation retreats is required. Mileage and expenses will be reimbursed.
Please send a resume and cover letter to the Rt. Rev. Laura J. Ahrens (email@example.com).