The Transition Committee, Standing Committee, and Diocesan Ministry Support Team have been busy working on various aspects of the Bishop Transition. Here are a few highlights.
- Bishop Ely continues to work part-time and will serve as Diocesan Bishop until the consecration of our new bishop in September.
- Bishop Ely and Ann have moved to their home in Newfane and repairs are underway on the Bishop’s House to prepare it for the Bishop-Elect.
- The Bishop-Elect and her family have moved to Rock Point.
- In the coming weeks the Bishop-Elect will be working to become more oriented to the Episcopal Church in Vermont, to plan for the Consecration, and to plan for Diocesan Convention.
- Planning for the consecration weekend is underway and more details will be announced soon.
The Transition Committee wishes to thank those who contributed to the gift fund for Tom and Ann Ely. At the two farewell events we presented them with these gifts on behalf of the people and friends of the Episcopal Church in Vermont:
- A commemorative book of photos from their time in Vermont
- A contribution to the Rock Point School scholarship fund in Ann’s honor
- A two-year membership to the Brattleboro Country Club for Tom
- A gift-certificate to a Brattleboro bookstore for Ann
- A travel purse for the two of them to use for a trip of their choosing