To develop and lead the worship music ministry for Trinity Church, in consultation with the Rector, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
- Select, prepare for all hymns, anthems, service music, and organ repertory for all Sunday services and for extra services as they may occur, (Holy Week, Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, Funerals, Weddings, Special Services, such as ordinations, etc.)
- Consulting with family members for funerals, and meeting with couples before weddings.
- Select, prepare for, rehearse and direct the Senior Choir for Sunday services and special services, including one week-night rehearsal (currently Wednesday nights 6:30 to 7:45-8:00 p.m.) and Sunday mornings, approximately 30 minutes prior to the services. (Week-night rehearsals Sept. through Trinity Sunday).
- Occasionally coordinate and schedule Sunday appearances by other vocalists or instrumentalists participating in a service.
- Consult with the Rector about choices and changes of service music for Eucharist.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Oversee the care of all church-owned instruments.
- Participate in Worship Committee Meetings
- Maintenance of music library (sorting, filing, ordering of new music)
- Oversee instruction and implementation of new service music when introduced
- Occasionally develop musical teams and ensembles for special services
- Keep current on issues in sacred music by attending various conferences and workshops. (Budget for this to be discussed)
- Average 6-8 hours per week practicing the organ
Qualifications and Musical Competencies
- Master’s Degree in Music Preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in church related setting
- Ability to provide evidence of attested musical skill and competence
- Ability in wide range of styles, but with a focus on traditional Anglican Music
- Ability to lead music program
- Ability to organize, coordinate, motivate and shepherd volunteer musicians
To apply please submit:
- A letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three references
- If possible, please submit a recent recording of performance of literature suitable for preludes and postludes.
Address your application to: Chair, Organist/Choir Director Search Committee.
Completed applications may be submitted via US Mail to:
Trinity Episcopal Church
85 West St.
Rutland, VT 05701
or electronically via email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will commence on August 15, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.