The bishop’s address, worship, and other programming will take place online via Zoom and YouTube tomorrow, Saturday, November 6, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All members of the diocese are encouraged to attend. In addition to worship and the bishop’s address, the Saturday session will include presentations by Dr. Catherine Meeks of the Absalom Jones Center for Racial Healing, Bishop Sean Rowe of the Dioceses of Northwestern Pennsylvania and Western New York, and a chair of the diocesan THRIVE group.
Zoom registration is required for all members of the diocese, including clergy and convention delegates, who wish to attend Saturday programming on Zoom: register to attend the Zoom meeting.
A live stream of Saturday programming will also be available on the diocesan YouTube channel.
- 10 a.m. Morning Prayer with sermon from Bishop Shannon. Download convention worship bulletin.
- 11 a.m. A presentation from Bishop Sean Rowe of the partnership dioceses of Northwestern Pennsylvania and Western New York. The session will include time for Q&A. Learn more about the partnership dioceses.
- 11:50 a.m. A presentation from THRIVE chair the Rev. Scott Neal. Learn more about THRIVE.
- 12 p.m. Bishop’s Address
- 12:15p.m. Break for Lunch
- 1 p.m. A presentation from Dr. Catherine Meeks of the Absalom Jones Center for Racial Healing in Atlanta. Learn more about the center and Dr. Meeks.
- 1:40 p.m. Introduction to “Five Points Project,” which came out of a virtual pilgrimage members of the Diocese of Vermont attended with the Absalom Jones Center for Racial Healing.
- 2 p.m. Reports on the Commission for Land Use History in the Diocese of Vermont. Responding to the Land Use History Resolution passed by the 2020 Diocesan Convention, the group will share stories and the results of research conducted over the course of the year.
- 2:30 p.m. Sending Rite with a Renewal of Baptismal Vows. Download convention worship bulletin.
|Image: Convention speakers Bishop Sean Rowe and Dr. Catherine Meeks.|