The 188th Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Vermont will be held Saturday, October 31, 2020 as an online gathering.
If you are a delegate and unable to attend convention, it is your responsibility to notify the diocesan office
of the change. In August and September, delegates and alternates should focus on the processes of submitting nominations and resolutions and filing pre-convention journal reports. Find details below.
Online Participation and Voting
All 2020 convention business and voting will be conducted electronically via Zoom, requiring a smart phone, tablet or computer with an internet connection. To participate via Zoom, your device must meet these system requirements
A virtual training session and a virtual pre-convention gathering for clergy and lay delegates will be held in advance of convention. Dates of both sessions will be announced in the coming weeks.
If you anticipate connectivity or technological challenges that might make it difficult to participate in convention from home, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance. If your connectivity issues are prohibitive, you may wish to consider having an alternate delegate represent your congregation.
General attendees and visitors will have the option to listen to convention by phone. Phone participation will not allow for voice or vote.
Submit a nomination for a diocesan leadership role to be considered at convention. Deadline: September 10
Read a call to resolutions, instructions for preparing resolutions and submit a resolution to be considered at convention. Deadline: September 10.
Each year a Pre-Convention Journal is created to inform the Episcopal Church in Vermont and our Convention Delegates about the activities of diocesan committees, commissions, institutions, and officers. Below is a list showing the reports expected and who we have on record as the person responsible for making sure a report is submitted.
The reports are to cover activities from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020 and should be submitted electronically in Word format
to email@example.com. To be included in the Pre-Convention Journal, your report must be received no later than Friday, September 29, 2020.
- Bishop’s Report of Official, Pamela Van de Graaf
- Brookhaven School
- Brookhaven Treatment Center, Rocky Spino
- Commission on Ministry, the Rev. Canon Lee Crawford
- Cathedral Church of St. Paul, the Very Rev. Greta Getlein
- Diocesan Council, Canon Lynn Bates
- Financial Oversight and Audit Committee, Laura Buel
- Global Mission Network, the Rev. Dr. Titus Presler
- Grants and Loans Committee (January 1 – June 30, 2019), Canon Lynn Bates
- Liturgical Commission, the Rev. Kim Hardy
- Mission Farm, the Rev. Rachel Field, the Rev. Lisa Ransom
- Provincial Synod, the Rev. Robert Wilson
- Rock Point Board, Shawn Bryan
- Rock Point Camp, Julie Garwood
- Rock Point Center, the Rev. Paul Habersang
- Rock Point Commons, the Rev. Paul Habersang
- Rock Point School, C. J. Spirito
- Standing Committee, the Rev. Margaret Emery-Ginn
- Treasurer, Gerry Davis
- Trustees of the Diocese, Sarah Cowan
- UVM Cooperative Campus Ministry, the Rev. Joseph Cotner
- Vermont Ecumenical and Interreligious Officer, the Rev. Dr. Frederick Moser