The Grants and Loans Committee (GLC) oversees all grants and loans available through the diocese. The GLC has been charged by Diocesan Council with the following:
- to improve the understanding and use of the available grants, loans and appeals funds by all congregations,
- to make the application process for these funds more, user-friendly, and
- to enable and encourage the wisest possible distribution of available funds so as to further God’s mission in the Episcopal Church in Vermont, including
- rebalancing support for buildings and support for programs by increasing the latter as a percentage of the whole;
- embracing experiences and projects that impact both individuals and communities realizing both tangible and intangible benefits
- requiring accountability of grant recipients
- The GLC expects some contribution toward the project from the congregation or This may be in-kind consideration. The GLC may require matching funds for some requests.
- Before any request can be considered by the GLC, the congregation must be current with any outstanding loans, diocesan assessment payments, parochial reports (including filed online with The Episcopal Church), audits and grant impact/outcome
- Any and all funds obtained through a grant or a loan application are to be used in a timely manner solely for the purpose(s) stated in the GLC’s approval as supported by the The recipient of grant or loan funds shall make a report to the GLC on the final disposition of the funds, including a line item listing of all relevant expenses.
- All funds not used for the approved purpose shall be returned to the Diocese with the final report on the disposition of the This report is required to be filed at the completion of the project, no later than 30 days after its completion.
- As available funds are limited, the GLC encourages applicants to think about what you would do if you are not awarded the full grant/loan request.
For further information, email the Rev. Bob Wilson.
- All congregations and institutions seeking funds must present their initial requests electronically to the GLC, using the application form provided – a single application form for all grant and loan
- Applications are submitted to the GLC in care of the Rev. Bob Wilson (email@example.com)
- The application must be submitted with a current year-to-date financial statement of income and loss compared to the prior and current years’ budgets, a current balance sheet, and the status of any current outstanding grants and/or loans.
- Requests will be reviewed for clarity and completeness and then forwarded to the A Committee liaison will be assigned to the request by the Committee Chair. The liaison will contact the applicant to discuss the request, answer any questions and provide on-going support throughout the process. Additional information and/or documentation for the Committee may be requested at this time.
For grant requests exceeding $5,000.00, the applicant will be asked to have a representative at the GLC meeting or available by phone when the request will be considered.
- Grant or Loan General Information (Word)
- Grant or Loan Application Form (Word)
- Grant and Loan Report (Word)
Generally, the GLC will act on all requests received by the deadline at its meeting and the Committee liaison will inform the applicant of the Committee’s decision within 48 hours. Funds approved for distribution will be processed for payment and available to the congregation or institution within two weeks of the GLC meeting when the distribution was approved.
The application deadlines are:
January 15, 2022
March 15, 2022
May 15, 2022
August 15, 2022
October 15, 2022
Grants and Loans Committee meetings are planned for:
February 12, 2022
April 2, 2022
June 4, 2022
September 17, 2022
November 5, 2022
Becca Boucher, term through 2021
The Rev. Greta Getlein, term through 2023
Paul Horn, term through 2023
The Rev. Christine Jones, term through 2023
Todd McKee, term through 2021
Steve Smith, term through 2021
The Rev. Bob Wilson, chair, term through 2022