Position Overview: The Episcopal Diocese of Vermont is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant to work out of the Burlington, Vermont office. This role manages A/P, A/R and numerous administrative duties for the diocese.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform weekly Accounts Payable processes. Issue annual 1099’s.
- Process A/R invoicing, receipt of payments, bank deposit preparation
- Communicate with vendors and customers regarding questions and discrepancies.
- Participate in month-end close. GL account reconciliations.
- Administrative duties include, but are not limited to, creating online forms, maintaining our database, Outlook distribution lists, and Donor list. Provide event support especially for our Annual Convention. Purchasing office supplies, and daily distribution of mail. Preparing Grants and Loans award letters and sending annual tax statements to donors.
- Provide database support using Realm (donation and event tracking software)
- Full bookkeeping for Mission Farm, a unique entity under the Diocese.
- Participate in organizational efforts to update and implement policies and procedures and make recommendations that result in more efficient and effective accounting and administrative processes.
Qualifications, and Experience:
- 2+ years of bookkeeping and administrative experience
- Must be familiar with MS office suite. Experience with ACS, Realm and IT support desired.
- Must be well-organized, attentive to detail and possess solid interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven ability to solve issues when they arise, as well as be able to identify when there is a need to escalate a problem or concern to a more senior team member.
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
A cover letter and resume should be sent electronically to Rich Sagui at the Episcopal Diocese of Vermont at: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. It is hoped that the position will be filled by May 15, 2023.