The 2022 Diocesan Convention took place in three parts:
- A pre-convention hearing was held on Zoom on October 5 at 6 p.m. Watch a recording of the online pre-convention hearing on YouTube.
- “Re-Member: A Day of Healing, Celebration and Hope” took place in-person on October 8 at the Cathedral of St. Paul in Burlington. Bishop Shannon preached during convention worship. The program featured keynote speakers the Rev. Lorenzo Lebrija, founding director of TryTank, and the Rev. Whitney Rice, canon for evangelism & discipleship development in the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri. Download the bulletin and watch a recording on YouTube.
- The business session of Diocesan Convention, including the bishop’s address, took place on Zoom on October 13 at 6 p.m. Watch a recording on YouTube.
The following resolutions were passed by convention:
- Revise Canons to Implement Certain THRIVE Report Recommendations, as amended (see amendment).
- Replace Canon 29C: Rock Point Commons Board
- Adoption of the FY2023 Budget
- Establishing Minimum Clergy Compensation for 2023
The following resolution and proposed substitution were tabled until the next Diocesan Convention.
- Distancing of The Episcopal Church from the Anglican Communion
- Proposed amendment in the form of a substitute to Distancing of The Episcopal Church from the Anglican Communion
The following nominees were elected:
- Brookhaven School Trustees: Brett Murphy and Martha Roberts
- Committee on Congregational Development: the Rev. Jennie Anderson, Wendy Besett, Colleen Gates, the Rev. Kim Hardy, the Rev. Earl Kooperkamp, Elizabeth McEwan the Rev. Frederick Moser
- Commission on Finance: Beth Davis, the Very Rev. Greta Getlein, the Rev. Kathy Hartman, Collins Sennett, the Rev. Bob Wilson, Dr. Charles Wohlers
- General Convention Deputies (clergy): the Ven. Stannard Baker, the Very Rev. Greta Getlein, the Rev. Lisa Ransom, the Rev. Canon Lee Crawford
- General Convention Deputies (lay): Thomas Little, Jennifer Knowles, Anne Brown, Luke Krueger,
- Provincial Synod Deputy: Denise Noble
- Rock Point Board: Wallace Good
- Rock Point School Trustee: Lee McLendon
- Trustees of the Diocese: Ann Guillot, Dana Peterson
The 2022 courtesy resolutions recognize and honor:
- The Rt. Rev. Mary Adelia McLeod
- The Members and Work of THRIVE
- Bishop Shannon MacVean-Brown’s Leadership
- Bishop Shannon MacVean-Brown’s Witness at Lambeth 2022
- The Rev. Lorenzo Lebrija
- The Rev. Canon Whitney Rice
- The Rev. Shelie Richardson
Read the full text of the courtesy resolutions.