Congregational Forms and Due Dates
Congregational Audit Reports Due September 1
Audit reports will be due September 1. Watch future editions of The Mountain newsletter for details.
Congregational Leadership Form Due February 28
Each congregation must fill out the online Congregational Information Form no later than February 28. The form asks for the following information:
- Date of congregation’s annual meeting
- Basic contact information for congregation
- Clergy name(s) and contact information
- Names and contact information for vestry members, including wardens, treasurer and clerk
- Diocesan convention delegates and alternate delegates names and email addresses
- Paid and unpaid staff member(s) names and email address
Questions? Contact Karen Robinson at the diocesan office by emailing
email@example.com or calling 802.863.3431.
Parochial Reports Due March 1
Online filing for the 2022 Parochial Report is now available. Each congregation must file a report by March 1. Resources for filling out the parochial report are available on the Forms and Instructions page on the General Convention website.
A copy of your submitted report (you can print it from the DFMS site) AND your 2022 end-of-year financials (balance sheet, income and expense report) AND the PR Reconciliation Form (if applicable) are due to the Diocesan Office. Please send these in as soon as possible so we can review your materials in a timely manner. All changes to the submitted Parochial Reports must be made before May 1. Reports and financials can be sent to Karen Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A few notes about the report:
- This year’s report form includes significant changes to the membership and attendance sections.
- The report form includes a demographic question regarding the cultural make-up of congregations. The diocese sent a survey link to all clergy and wardens-in-charge to assist in collecting this information. The results of the survey have been forwarded to rectors, priests-in-charge and wardens-in-charge of participating congregations.
- After the report has been submitted online, please send a copy of your congregation’s full report to email@example.com, along with your 2022 year-end financials (to include an income and expense report, a balance sheet and, if necessary, the Reconciliation Form).
If you have questions regarding the completion of the Parochial Report, please contact the chair of the Commission on Finance, the Very Rev. Greta Getlein.
Clergy Reports Due March 1
Non-parochial clergy canonically resident in the Diocese of Vermont must fill out an annual report as required by canon.
Clergy licensed to officiate in the Diocese of Vermont must fill out an annual report as required by canon.
Bookkeeping Survey Due March 24
The Commission on Finance is collecting information on the accounting, payroll, and bookkeeping systems currently in use in parishes in the Diocese of Vermont.
Rectors and treasurers are asked to complete this survey to help the commission construct a database of users and systems with the goal of providing assistance to parishes wishing to switch services/processes, begin with a service, or find out more about a service or process through peer to peer contact.
Please complete the survey no later than March 24.